Thursday, March 10, 2011

Whiter Shades of Pale

Dead week and finals have officially been sucking up every bit of time I have. However, spring break is soon enough and I'll definitely be able to post more regularly again. Yay!


So I know it's a small and silly interest, but I love coffee table books. "The Selby Is in Your Place" and "Elliott Smith" are both currently on my bookshelf at home, sitting there for whenever I randomly flip through them. The next book I'd like to add to my tiny collection is "Whiter Shades of Pale: The Stuff White People Like, Coast to Coast from Seattle's Sweaters to Maine's Microbrews," written by the guys behind the witty, observational site called Stuff White People Like. In it, the "typical white Portlander" is mentioned and analyzed among many other cities. There's just always something to appreciate about the type of humor that points out the obvious.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...