Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Potato Champion

It's so good to be back in Portland during winter break. For the past month I had been craving Potato Champion's french fries, and the other night I was finally able to round up two other people to go there with me. My boyfriend, his sister, and I drove downtown to the Hawthorne food carts and split some salty fries after watching the christmas boat parade. I was first introduced to Potato Champion by my friend Heather after a Sufjan Stevens concert, and I definitely consider it one of Portland's treasures. They're best known for the paper cones their fries come in and the assortment of deliciously unique dipping sauces they make. The ones I tried recently were rosemary truffle ketchup, wasabi mayo, and satay sauce, yum. Best part is, most nights they're open til 3am, a perfect destination for late night downtown adventures.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...